We can only turn our house into a home with our touch, style, and thinking. We always leave our mark when decorating our homes. There are different kinds of homes be it comfortable or luxurious furniture. There are people who choose vibrant colors and there are people who choose light yet trendy shades and this is what the style of your furniture is all about.
Style is not something that is mandatory to be followed but it is the essence of an individual that reflects from the homes and furniture of an individual. Now the question is how to choose a furniture style that leaves behind your personality and persona. This blog will help an individual determine the furniture styles.
5 Steps To Choose A Furniture Style
There is a huge variety and design of furniture available in the offline and online market today. Do not get confused with what to choose, make sure you let your thoughts flow and let them make a decision on what to go for. Here are five steps that can help you determine how to choose a furniture style?
- Be fully prepared for the change – There are an array of colors, design, texture, trends when it comes to choosing furniture. Make sure you are determined on every aspect before you go to pick your perfect piece of furniture. There are some major décor categories listed below to choose from:
- Casual (comfortable-looking, simple, woods)
- Modern (sharp, angular, metallic)
- Country (soft, floral, painted woods)
- Old-fashioned (antiques, dark redwoods damask and chintz)
- Pelee (Ethnic or arisen pieces, highly individualized).
- Know the alignment – Even before you go to purchase the piece of furniture make sure you are aware of the place you need to place them. Make a proper alignment and process the setting in your head before you go.
- Evaluate your existing Furniture – If you are not moving into a new home and want to renovate your old place make sure to go through the already placed furniture and make a stylish change to them by adding one or two new detailing. Take proper measurement of the rooms and areas before changing the same.
- Spacious furniture – One of the important facts is buying that furniture that helps you save space and makes your home spacious and full of life. Too much furniture don’t add beauty but congest the space.
- Quality – Style comes with finishing and quality of the product used in making furniture. With the quality of a product comes durability and long life that saves your time and money.
- Cost and Class – Last but not least consider the cost of a product and compare. Keep your taste and yet improvise. Do not suddenly choose highly expensive or cheaper furniture go for what is best in every possible way.
Different Kinds Of Stylish Furnitures
As the whole world has risen to a new parameter of styling there are many modern and classy furniture that is bought and sold offline and online. Even in our city and our store that is the Lotus Furniture, one can find a variety of trendy and new style furniture for every home space. Some of this stylish furniture are listed below:
- Traditional Style – The classic European style furniture that is elegant and simple in every way. With features like deep colors and wooden crafts, this furniture leaves a royal mark in your home. The trademark of traditional furniture is, classic silhouettes, curved lines, wing and Queen Anne backs, claws and bun feet. decorative details like moldings, paneling, intricate embellishments, throw pillows are abundantly used.
- Modern Style – In the 20th century simple lines and cold materials tool over. The modern furniture has a neutral color palette with simple designs and crisp lines. Some basic features of modern furniture are clean silhouettes, crisp lines, geometric shapes. Fabrics like leather, vinyl and faux leather, PU, microfiber are used more.
- Contemporary Style – With a touch of here and now affect contemporary furniture is more like the Modern ones with fluid style. Basic features of contemporary furniture are simple silhouettes, crisp or curved lines, geometric shapes colors like glossy finishes, neutral colors such as black, white, gray, silver, chrome.
- Transitional Style – with a balance of both modern and classic style. The amalgamation of both elegance and trendy is what transitional style furniture is all about. Today most of the households use this style with a push of steel furnishings and glass materials used. Major features of the transitional style furniture are straight or curved lines, classic or modern silhouettes.
- Mid – Century Modern – with minimalist silhouettes, sophisticated lines, handmade and hand-painted elements this style is all about iconic furniture pieces. It is like an architectural design with the use of colors like natural wood finishes, oak, pine, brown, walnut, maple.
- Casual Style – Now this is the best part with all comfort and cozy styles introduced for the generation today is the casual furniture style with bean bags to big armchairs and recliner. The major characteristics of casual furniture are, Laidback, oversized and overstuffed furniture, soft fabrics, rugs, scooped seats, simple lines, and minimal ornamentation.
Finally, to conclude one can never really determine what style of furniture to go for because there are not only these five but a whole list of styles to choose your furniture from the best furniture shop in Patna. Some very amazing furniture styles are Jacobean, William, and Mary, dutch, etc. All one can do is pick a characteristic like a type, design color, and then select the best that suits their style.