The quality of furniture you choose defines your lifestyle. Be it a new home or an old one, people always want to upgrade their way of living by setting priorities for the kind of furniture they would be using to make their homes look perfect in style. There are many things that one keeps in mind while buying furniture, some of those include material (wood, plastic, leather, metal), size (king-sized, twin-sized, nightstand), style (traditional, modern, contemporary, transitional, casual), etc.
Choosing the perfect furniture for the bedroom is always interesting and nerve-wracking. However, sometimes it can be quite confusing and difficult to decide which material will be most suitable for our rooms. One is always up for replacing the old furniture with the new ones in order to add an extra touch of royalty to the homes. A lot of things should be kept in mind while selecting the furniture for bedrooms, as wrong decisions can cause a waste of money as well as they can deteriorate the look of the bedrooms.
Staple Material in Furniture Manufacturing.
No doubt, a variety of material can be considered as the right fit for your furniture, solid wood (or wood such as teak, walnut, rosewood, pine, etc.) is believed to be a staple material in furniture manufacturing. It’s an all-time choice to give your bedrooms a cohesive look and to create a perfectly aesthetic cozy ambiance. There are a lot of reasons why solid wood is appraised by a majority of people.
Listed below are some of the features that make wooden furniture more suitable for bedrooms and makes them stand out of the other materials used for furniture manufacturing:
Don’t ignore these selection points when buying furniture
- Strength & Durability – Wooden furniture is extremely natural, strong and resilient. The most durable and long-lasting furniture is generally made from solid wood and wood veneers. Solid wood furniture can withstand constant scratches and other loss for a long-term. They have the ability to last for generations even if minimum care is provided to them.
- Value for money – Before purchasing any new furniture, we always consider it’s price. Irrespective of the fact that wooden furniture is costlier, they are more valuable and worth the cost than any other material used in furniture. Being expensive doesn’t always mean that the material is extravagant, you’ll reap the benefits of spending in wood furniture for long years ahead. Depending on your budget and willingness to spend, you can select furniture made from softwood such as pine, or you can also opt for the furniture made from hardwood. The furniture made from hardwood are comparatively more exotic, but it’s completely your call to choose as per your will.
- Ease of maintenance – Unlike the other materials used in furniture manufacturing, wooden furniture require zero efforts for maintenance. For cleansing, you can simply wipe the surface of the wooden furniture. The only thing you need to keep in mind is that no dust or water is allowed to settle on the bed, chair, or dressing table for a longer period.
- A perfect aesthetic decor – Using wooden furniture in bedrooms will completely change it’s look. Wood furniture contains eternal beauty along with a perfect contemporary or country style needed for the bedrooms. If you compare any piece of wood furniture to furniture that is made from the other materials, you will find that the natural beauty of the wood adds more warmth and character to any room.
- Easily modifiable – The modifiable quality of wooden furniture adds extra charm and beauty to it. If you’re not satisfied with the colour of the wood, but you love it’s design, you can paint or stain the colour so that it matches well with the background scheme of the bedroom. Moreover, if it turns old, you can easily give another life to the wooden furniture by standing or painting, or you can also refinish the furniture for an entirely new look.
The above points make it quite obvious that the wooden furniture is best suited for the bedrooms. Wooden furniture is undeniably everlasting and timeless, it’s unique and outstanding because it can easily be crafted as per one’s requirement, taste and choice. Also, their classic appearance adds extra beauty to the room.
However, these days we see people considering engineered wood over solid wood because of its similar appearance. Many of them can’t differentiate between the two, but both of them are completely different from each other. Engineered wood is created in a factory using a mixture of materials such as wood fibers, sawdust, glues, and chemicals. The most basic type of engineered wood – MDF (medium-density fibreboard) is simply sawdust and fibers held together with glue. The materials are bonded together using extreme pressure and high temperatures and are then cut like timber. The appearance can be deceptive, but unlike solid wood, it requires extra maintenance, and also the furniture made from engineered wood can’t be disassembled or moved from one place to another. Adding to these, scratches and water on the engineered wood furniture can’t be repaired. They don’t last long and thus, need to be replaced more frequently.
Think about long-term benefits of material used for bedroom furniture
Concluding all the aforementioned points, we see that there are a lot of advantages that wooden furniture has over the other materials. When choosing the right material for the bedroom, it’s always important to think about the long-term benefits as cheap and fragile materials like plastic, steel, or glass may result in replacement sooner. We, at Lotus Furniture, the best furniture shop in Patna, specialize in offering high-quality wooden furniture suitable for your bedrooms. While choosing the best furniture for your rooms, do not forget to consider us as we are one of the most trusted furniture shops in Patna that also offers the facility of online furniture shopping.