Winter is around the corner when the days will get shorter, and the weather will definitely be colder. It is the best time to start protecting all the wooden furniture. Wooden furniture is one of the most popular, solid, and long-lasting. And that does not mean that wooden furniture does not need special care, especially in winter. Wood expands when it is hot and contracts when cold. So, during winter nights, when the temperature falls much lower than in the day, the constant expansion and contraction can cause the wooden furniture to wrap.
However, most people do not know what to do in such a situation. That is why Lotus Furniture, one of the best furniture brands in Patna, is here to help.
Here is a list of a few most effective ways to Protect Wooden Furniture in Winter. Let’s check them out:
- Keep wooden furniture away from heat, like heating vents, space heaters, or radiators. The ongoing exposure to blasts of heat can discolor, wrap, or damage the wooden material and its finish.
- If anyone has a fireplace in their home, keep the wooden furniture away from it. Direct contact with heat in the fireplace is a threat, and the drifting embers are harmfully dangerous to the wooden furniture set.
- Never place hot tea, coffee, or hot chocolate directly on the surface of any wooden furniture. It always leaves one of those pesky rings that are hard to clean. Always use a coaster, as it is the most civilized thing to do. And to get one of the best furniture brands in Patna for all the luxurious home decor, visit Lotus Furniture.
- Wipe down every piece of wooden furniture with a slightly damp soft cloth every few to maintain the proper temperature, as central heating systems always tend to expel a good amount of dust around the home, which can be extremely harmful to the furniture during winter.
- Always remember that sun damage can usually occur at any time of year, especially during winter. And do not leave a wooden piece of furniture where it gets affected by direct sun rays for any significant duration of time, or the wood may discolor. So, always consider this while placing the furniture or closing the winder covering as needed.
- Use lemon oil because it can be an incredible way to rehydrate hardwood furniture. It can also help protect all the hardwoods from sun exposure if anyone keeps it near windows that get lots of sunshine.
Now you know how to protect all the wooden furniture in your home. So, if you are looking for the most classy and luxurious wooden furniture, visit Lotus Furniture, and get one of the most trusted and best furniture brands in Patna. For more details, contact our expert team at +91 9264447063, and our best representative will assist you immediately. And you can also visit our official website to explore some online furniture options or if you have any other further queries.